Friday, March 25, 2011

Chia Champion

The marathon training is really starting to take hold now, and this week I've been feeling pretty tired. Of course, thoughts start to creep in about the level of training - has it been right, should it have been done differently, am I doing something wrong? But in the end of the day, when you're preparing for something like a marathon, there are bound to be times when you feel tired :) No worries. Keep the faith. Rest & Recovery are my new best friends.

I did remember that in the classic book, Born to Run, the Tarahumara eat chia seeds, which are an excellent source of nutrition for endurance athletes.


Luckily, after a suggestion from Om Gal, Whole Foods came to the rescue, where I found a packet of Bob's Red Mill Chia Seeds. Yesterday I went abit crazy for chia making first a post-run chia lemon/ honey drink, and then a quick chia bread.



Today is Friday: TFI Friday - rest day, and swimming day, but if the chia is doing the trick I'll let you know pretty soon.

Have you ever tried adding chia seeds to your diet? Any delicious chia recipes to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment