Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Best Laid Plans

To keep up with the Blog Challenge, I still have some work to do...

But I also have some marathon training to do, which today will involve a recovery swim in a fantastic outdoor pool with a view of the Catalina Mountains and Pusch Ridge...


And also a session from Richard Nerukar's book: Marathon Running, From Beginner to Elite. 2nd edt.
It's a great marathon book, with snippets of information from Richard's own running career sandwiched between advice on training and staying healthy during the marathon run-up :) There are simple 12 week training plans in the back, but the only slight problem is there isn't a 3 hour target time plan so I've been switching back and forth between the 2:45 and the 3:30 programmes - trying to do more from the 2:45 programme. With my marathon personal best clocked at  3:03 from 2008 the aim right now is to dip under 3hrs - which I would be over the moon with, but there are still quite a few key training weeks to go - so with those words, I'd best be off!

No comments:

Post a Comment